Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 13, 2009

We're having a baby!

Had an OB appointment at 2:00 today.

Dr. S: So you're pregnant.

Me: I suppose.

Dr. S: What do you think? Any symptoms?

Me: Not really. Tender breasts, but not sore. And I think I had nausea yesterday, but I don't really know what morning sickness feels like...

Dr. S: So you're nervous.

Me: Yeah.

Dr. S: Let's find out, okay?

....inserts probe....

Dr. S: What did we see last time?

Me: Just a sac.

Dr. S: Well, this time...we have a...chicken!

Me: A chicken?

Dr. S: Do you want a chicken?

Me: As long as the heart is beating.

Dr. S: See that there? (points to heartbeat)

Me: Oh my god! That's beautiful

Here is the picture of the little chicken! Based on my LMP I'm 7w3d, but Little Chicken measured 8w0d. I'm so so so so happy and relieved right now, but I'm still a little cautious. I know that it's still early and anything can happen, but I also know that the risk of miscarriage goes down after a heartbeat is detected. We will not be telling anyone (except you guys) until June.
Please grow, little chicken! We love you!

2 comments:

  1. YEA!!!! I am so happy that y'all had a heartbeat. You have a little chicken - that is too funny that your doctor said that!!

    You must be floating and on cloud nine! Good luck not telling real life people until June -- that seems so far away!!!

    Keep on posting and updating us with your good news!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your beautiful chicken!!!

    ReplyDelete