Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 2, 2010

More firsts

Last evening, Samantha took a nap in her swing for the very first time, allowing Ron and I to enjoy a quiet dinner together. We had baked chicken, green beans, and potatoes, and watched Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist on Netflix. Romantic, I know.

We used to eat in shifts, one would eat while the other would hold the baby because she did NOT like to be put down for more than 2 or 3 minutes. We didn't mind, because we love holding her! I'm just happy that she's beginning to interact with her toys more.

In her swing at 1.5 weeks:

In her swing last night (almost 7 weeks):


Today, Ron gave Samantha her first bottle! (Sorry we forgot to take a picture!) She did extrememly well and gulped the entire 3 oz down within a matter of minutes. I don't think we have to worry about her refusing the bottle when I go back to work in April.

3 comments:

  1. Dinner together again is great (although I didn't mind holding her while you ate). Now if we could just figure out how to get that swing to rock her more gently...

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for having a "date night"! I am so glad that she is happily using her swing! I have friends who rely on the swing for their sanity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. charlotte KonopkaJanuary 07, 2010 5:59 AM

    glad to see that she is finally liking the swing...that means mom will have more time for herself doing things she needs to do...hooray for samantha

    ReplyDelete