Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 22, 2009

Scary Moment

Dr. S. couldn't find the heartbeat yesterday. He tried for about 2 minutes, got a worried look on his face, then said, "Let's go to the ultrasound."

At first the ultrasound showed just an empty sac with no baby. But Dr. S. moved the wand around and finally, a baby came into view.

Me: Oh good, it's still there.

Dr. S.: Not only is it there, it's giant!

Me: Is the heart beating?

Baby jumps around the screen.

Dr. S.: With it moving around like that? I'll give you one guess.

Me: Huge sigh of relief

That was a scary moment. Silly chicken! Don't scare momma like that again, okay?

NT/1st trimester screening results came back normal/negative for everything, but my blood pressure was high and Dr. S. was NOT happy about that. If it doesn't come down, he's going to put me on medication for the rest of my pregnancy. Anything for a healthy chicken! We love you!

2 comments:

  1. OMG that had to be the absolute WORST moment. I am so glad that everything turned out okay for you and the little chicken.

    I was hoping that all was well at your end. I haven't "seen" you around on my blog, and I am definitely happy that y'all all going good!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you just scared me! I'm glad the NT scan went well and I hope that your blood pressure goes down. Maybe it was just up some since you were nervous.

    ReplyDelete