Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

NT Scan Yesterday

My OB does not do NT scans, so I had to go to a different office for the scan. Jodi, the ultrasound tech was all business. No small talk, no smile, just, "lay down and pull your pants down to your hips." That's okay. I was so nervous I don't think I could have formed a coherent sentence anyway.

I was expecting a transvaginal ultrasound, so was surprised when she whipped out the belly ultrasound. Wow! I've never held on to a pregnancy long enough to see a baby with the belly wand!

First she found the heartbeat and we listened to it. It was a beautiful sound. "Heartbeat is 169, which is normal."

Then she measured the baby. "The baby is the right size for your due date."

Then she took lots of pictures of the baby's profile, arms, and legs.

Then she measured the nuchal fold. "The measurement is normal." So glad she said that.

We see Dr. S in 9 days, and he will go over the results with us in detail. Hoping that everything is okay.

We love you, little chicken!

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you that your little chicken is measuring normal!!!!!! YEA!! You are so close to being in the 2nd trimester! I can't wait to see more pictures!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to have ultrasounds where you aren't half naked! Sounds like everything went perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete