Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Freaking out

About incompetent cervix!

Okay, maybe I read too much about stuff that could happen. I've found out that incompetent cervix happens in 1 out of 100 pregnancies. Around the 13th week, the cervix slowly dilates - without symptoms until the water breaks - and the baby is born too soon to survive. One of the risk factors for an incompetent cervix is a D and C - which I did have last year. And incompetent cervix isn't diagnosed until after one or more second trimester losses.

Why am I freaking out over this? I'm definitely asking Dr. S. if he could measure my cervix - just to be sure - at my next appointment (June 23).

On a happier note, we have our BIG U/S on July 7. Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. I'm actually worried about the same thing because I had a cone biopsy a few years ago. My doctor checked my cervix last time and told me not to worry.
    I can't wait to see what you're having!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all your support over on my blog! I really appreciate it! I think that you should ash your doctor EVERYTHING!!! I have never heard of incompetent cervix, but it sounds awful.

    I am so excited for your next two appointments!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete