Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

uh-oh!

Samantha is breech!

With only three weeks left to go, the chances of her turning on her own is "slim." So now we need to decide if we want to do an external version, where Dr. S. tries to turn her from the outside, or if we want to schedule a c-sec.

We are going back to see Dr. S. on Thursday to discuss this further. We're leaning towards an external version at this point, because I really want a vaginal delivery. But if we're not comfortable with the risks, we'll just go with the c-sec.

I just want Samantha to be born unstressed and healthy. I don't think we want to attempt a vaginal breech delivery, even though Dr. S. is experienced in this.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Personally I have not gone through labor/delivery, but my J was breech for my MIL. They manually turned him at an appointment about a week before his due date, but he turned right back around. At the very beginning of labor they tried turning him again and she felt him turn breech again. The doctor thought it would be okay if she tried delivering vaginally. Unforunately it was not good. J came out butt first and was really blue. My MIL had a complete rip all the way to her rectum (sorry TMI). She really wishes they had done a c-section. There is just a whole bunch that can go wrong with delivering breech, but I completely understand your wishes to deliver vaginally.

    Thanks for the update! Can't wait to see what you decide to do! She's almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We thought our little girl was breech too but now the doctor is about 70% sure that he feels her head not her butt near my cervix.

    Josh and I talked about what we would do if she was breech and we were going to go with a c-section. One reason out of the fear of her turning again and the other is that he read an article that sometimes babies can't turn (like cord issues or size) and it isn't good to try and force it.

    Either way I hope you guys come to something you're comfortable with. It's getting so close!

    ReplyDelete