Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Little Brother!

Samantha's having a little brother! We haven't told her yet...I think it's too abstract for her to understand right now, since he won't be arriving until November. That's not very long to us, but for her it is. Of course, I think our family is changing for the better, but I'm a little scared for her. She has been the center of our universe since she joined our family, and now she will have to share the attention with her brother. I hope she will always feel special because she is. She is the most amazing thing that has happened to us.

On to the bad news...there's always that, isn't there? I have placenta previa again. That in itself isn't bad, I had one with Samantha too. It was partial and resolved itself by 28 weeks. But with a previous c-section scar on the uterus, there is a chance that the placenta will grow into the scar tissue and get stuck. If that happens and it cannot disconnect during birth, the uterus will have to be removed! Yikes! Right now I just have to be careful and watch for bleeding. Any bleeding will be a bad, bad thing and I will have to take myself to the ER right away. We are leaving on a six-week vacation to Los Angeles and Hawaii on Saturday. The doctor didn't seem worried about LA at all, he said that there were plenty of hospitals there, but if I happen to bleed in Hawaii, I would not be allowed to fly back and I would have to stay there until the baby is born. Oh well, at least it's Hawaii! And we have family there that can help care for Samantha if anything happens. Which it won't. Gotta think positive!

So yay! A boy! Blues, yellows, and greens, here we come!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the baby boy!! I hope you have a safe and healthy trip to Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Linda! I stopped by to say hi and see what you were up to this summer....what a great surprise...Congratulations---Samantha is going to be a great big sister! Have a great time in LA & Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete