Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 14, 2011

"Uh-oh, shoe!"

We took Samantha to Target yesterday. She was sitting in the cart, happily playing for about 10 minutes. Then she wanted "uppies". She says this when she wants me to carry her. I took her out and carried her, leaving the cart behind because it was empty. She kept saying "uh-oh, shoe. uh-oh, shoe," except she doesn't make the "sh" sound quite clearly yet. It's more like a "dzh" sound. I didn't quite get what she was saying, so I kept walking, showing her things in the store. She kept repeating herself. Suddenly it dawned on me what she was saying. I looked down, and sure enough, one shoe was off. We ran back to the cart and found it.

I am just AMAZED at her communication skills!

1 comment:

  1. Me, too! Even though my communications skills aren't quite there yet and I have trouble understanding her most of the time, when I do finally figure it out it's one of those, "Oh, of course, that's what she's saying" type moments.

    ReplyDelete