Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 17, 2009

What a beautiful Saturday!

It is 55 degrees here. That is positively gorgeous for the middle of January, even by California standards.

Have you ever had a vietnamese sandwich? Crunchy french roll, pickled carrots and daikon, homemade pate and mayonnaise, ham, and other seasonings. SO GOOD! If you've never had one, you should try one.

There's this little place in El Cerrito, a hole in the wall, really, that makes AMAZING vietnamese sandwiches. I've eaten them all of my life, but these are seriously the best I've ever had. Every time we come here, the place is PACKED, but the service is fast, so the wait is never long.

Today, Ron and I pciked up a couple of sandwiches and then drove to the Berkeley Marina for lunch in the sun. What a great way to spend a beautiful Saturday morning.

Now Ron is off to coach volleyball, and I'm off to the outlets to buy some shoes!

2 comments:

  1. Omigosh! I want to try that place. I love Vietnamese sandwiches! What's the name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jamie!
    Nice to see you over on my new blog. Yeah, I'm not pregnant anymore :(. Baby Marley will have to wait. It's called Banh Mi Ba Le, on San Pablo Avenue. Take the Central Avenue exit off of I-80, go to San Pablo Ave, and turn left. It's half a block up on your right. Try it. You'll love it!!!

    ReplyDelete